Monday, May 13, 2013

Week 3 - Day 1

This morning I actually woke up before my alarm and I was wide awake, so I just laid there and browsed Pinterest. Then I got up and weighed myself and was down two more lbs from last week. That makes it a total of 4.4 lbs. That made for a good start to my day.

As I'm sure you've noticed I have also added a few widgets to my blog. The first one is my Endomondo tracker. This shows all of my running and cycling I do outside. I then added my myfitnesspal.com weight loss tracker. This shows the weight I have loss thus far.

Food

Today I had my yogurt and granola breakfast. At work they had broccoli soup, my favorite, for lunch and a chicken breast with tomato sauce, and my usual apple with cinnamon every day. I wanted to bring up cinnamon in my blog today and show you the health benefits it has. I got this list from organic authority



  1. 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon per day can lower your bad cholesterol (or LDL).
  2. Cinnamon may help treat Type 2 Diabetes by lowering blood sugar levels and increasing the amount of insulin production in the body.
  3. Cinnamon has antifungal properties, and it's been said that candida cannot live in a cinnamon environment. 
  4. Cinnamon can reduce the proliferation of leukemia and lymphoma cancer cells.
  5. Cinnamon has an anti-clotting effect on the blood.
  6. Honey and Cinnamon combined have been found to relieve arthritis pain.
  7. When added to food, cinnamon inhibits bacterial growth and food spoilage, making it a natural food preservative.
  8. Just smelling cinnamon boosts cognitive function and memory.
  9. Cinnamon fights the E. coli bacteria in unpasteurized juices.
  10. Cinnamon has been found to be an effective natural remedy for eliminating headaches and migranes.
  11. Cinnamon can also help stablize blood sugar (which is great for weight loss).

Then for dinner I just some of my left over stuff that I made stuffed peppers with. The only food challenge I had today was at the gym, believe it or not. My spin instructor brought chocolate chip cookies because there were a few people's birthday and a graduation. I did not have one though. I actually went out the other door to avoid them.

Workout

This morning I did my 60 minute spin class. I swear the spin classes aren't getting any easier. Every class I sweat like crazy and my hear rate gets pretty high, but I can't complain when I burn around 650 calories in one class.

No comments:

Post a Comment