Monday, May 27, 2013

Week 5 - Day 1

Even though today was cloudy and rainy I still managed to get out and run. I don't think we should let the weather get in our way of a good workout, especially if you belong to a gym. I weighed in today and was actually up about a pound, but when I measured myself I was down one inch in my waist and one and a half inches in my hips. I am very pleased with this. As I told TJ, I would rather be down in inches and gain weight, than down in weight and up in inches.

Food

For breakfast my husband made me an omelet. The rest of the day I snacked on mini bags of chips and had some low fat/sugar free ice cream that was pretty good. Then for dinner I had some chicken I made in the crock pot yesterday. It consisted of chicken, cream of chicken soup, and queso soup. All I did was put all of those ingredients with a little water in my crock pot and set it on low for 8 hours. The chicken is so tender it pulls a part, so you can have it as a sandwich, over rice, or even over noodles. I like this because you can have it so many ways, so it's not like you're eating the same thing every day.

Workout

This morning I did my first 5 mile run of the season and was pleased with my time considering it was rainy and windy. I managed a 9:27 average mile, giving me a total of 47:19. In order to get to my 2 hour 1/2 marathon goal I need to decrease that time by at least 27 seconds. Hopefully throughout my training I can accomplish that.

Here is my June training plan. I am going to be out of town for the second and third week, but I'm still going to run and do ab workouts while out of town to keep me on track.

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the inches lost!!! Keep it up you are doing great and are very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete